Join us for an evening reception
at historic Symphony Square on Waller Creek in Downtown Austin
to celebrate transportation safety progress across Texas
and support the work of Vision Zero Texas
Vision Zero Texas Statewide Reception
Wednesday, April 24, 6 – 8 pm
Symphony Square on Waller Creek
1111 Red River Street
$50 individual / $75 couple
$500 Individual Leaders
Nonprofit, Community Sponsors
The Vision Zero movement has been steadily growing across the state and we’re building a sustainable Vision Zero Texas institution to ensure continued progress toward zero families suffering from traffic deaths and serious injuries.
Some of the progress we will be celebrating:
- TXDOT has created a Council on System Safety and recommended that the Texas Transportation Commission adopt a zero fatality goal.
- In January, the City of Laredo become the third government in Texas to adopt Vision Zero and to begin developing their Vision Zero Action Plan.
- Several more local governments are expected to adopt Vision Zero soon.
- The Capital Area Metropolitan Planning Org is developing a regional traffic safety plan, which may evolve into a regional Vision Zero plan.
- The Texas legislature is having meaningful discussions of traffic safety and may have passed some of our legislative agenda by this event.
Photo by Joe Van Wyk